Upgraded to 2.0.1 (finally…)

Howdy, I’m back!

You may have noticed that it has been over a month since my last post. Oh, yeah, how time flies! My old web server died right before my grandma and mom came to visit me. So not until yesterday was I able to recover here. //sigh

Moving to a new server turned out to be a big pain, just like moving to a new place in the real world. All the posts of my other WordPress blog with Chinese characters in UTF-8 encoding got messed up after the import. Considering the fact that the server was already dead, I almost panicked. Luckily, with the help of almighty google search, I found the following site complaining the same issue: WordPress UTF-8 Charset Woes. I then added the suggested query (“SET NAMES ‘utf8′”) into the wp-db.php and it worked!

Compared to the pain with data migration, upgrading from WordPress 1.5.2 to 2.0.1 from 1.5.2 simply breathed, taking less than 5 minutes.

One Response to “Upgraded to 2.0.1 (finally…)”

  1. CPA Renegade guy Says:

    I had within business institution Five prohibited, plus Half-dozen one month later I just broken out! Most of as a consequence of honest kern, in which person transformed how When i looked at industry and I developed a a lot of money utilizing their concepts. Darn institutions won’t show you certainly not aged marketing maneuvers with the Eighties

Leave a Reply