Howdy, I’m back!
You may have noticed that it has been over a month since my last post. Oh, yeah, how time flies! My old web server died right before my grandma and mom came to visit me. So not until yesterday was I able to recover here. //sigh
Moving to a new server turned out to be a big pain, just like moving to a new place in the real world. All the posts of my other WordPress blog with Chinese characters in UTF-8 encoding got messed up after the import. Considering the fact that the server was already dead, I almost panicked. Luckily, with the help of almighty google search, I found the following site complaining the same issue: WordPress UTF-8 Charset Woes. I then added the suggested query (“SET NAMES ‘utf8′”) into the wp-db.php and it worked!
Compared to the pain with data migration, upgrading from WordPress 1.5.2 to 2.0.1 from 1.5.2 simply breathed, taking less than 5 minutes.